After a jam-packed June, Advance took a moment to take a breath before jumping into the second half of the year. None the less, we were delighted to announce the Board appointments of Tracy Colgan and Louise Thurgood Phillips as part of the organisation’s continued focus on building capacity and impact, particularly in Asia.
With the Advance Awards season fast approaching and tables selling fast, we are looking forward to celebrating the individuals who are changing the face of Australia and the world through their passion, talent, and generosity on October 18th. It will be another extraordinary evening with Australia's most influential game-changers, and industry and government leaders.
In this months Born Global, we explored the fantastic metropolis of New York. Read the inspiring stories of the global Aussies who are taking over the city!
Check out the Born Global spotlight video we made about, global Australian, Visnja Brdar and her professional journey that ultimately led her to New York.
Industry and Innovation Champions:
- Meet Rona Glynn-McDonald, a Kaytetye woman raised in Alice Springs,who is connecting Indigenous and non-Indigenous Australia. Read more about this here
- Former Australia & NZ Banking Group director and AFL footballer, Nick Stone has raised US19.5 million to support the global expansion of his NYC cafes Bluestone Lane, which have popularised Aussie coffee culture & avo on toast in the big apple
- Australian designer, Marina Afonina, scores fashion honour in New York, where she earnt one of four places in the International Woolmark Prize world final. An amazing achievement!
- Most people, when they are missing comfort food while travelling, arrange for care packages to be sent from home. Not to Sydney born Susie Martin and American Rachel O'Shea – to satisfy their cravings for cheese, they started a dairy in Laos!
- Purchasing tickets online used to be a total pain and it usually involves an expensive booking charge.. Now two young Aussie entrepreneurs want to cut fees and put them to charitable use. Read more about Humanitix here