We were delighted to invite the Advance community to an evening hosted by Michelle Garnaut, CEO of M Restaurant Group and Advance Board Member, at her restaurant Capital M - Beijing, to experience delicious Australian wines, cocktails and canapés alongside captivating conversations and striking views.
The Advance community in China is highly valued and extremely diverse. It was great to have a variety of individuals in attendence, from government and business leaders to next generation influencers, including H.E. Ms Jan Adams AO, PSM, Australian Ambassador to the People’s Republic of China, Angelica Cheung, Editor in Chief, Vogue China and Geoff Raby, Advance Global Advisory Council Member and former Australian Ambassador to China.
The Australian Consulate-General Los Angeles hosted the 100 Years of Mateship Australian Global Alumni Reception in Denver, Colorado. The Advance community attended to celebrate our successful Australian and US alumni, and acknowledge the remarkable bonds of mateship that continue to unite our two nations.
It has been an amazing three years but the time has come for elevate61 to wrap up the final year of the program. Advance and KPMG Australia are extremely proud of the elevate61 program and the relationships and success stories that have resulted. We are both dedicated to innovation and have had a significant focus on helping Australian entrepreneurs build global companies from Australia via the elevate61 program and beyond.
We are beyond excited to announce the winners for the 2017 Advance Awards. Check out our inspiring global Aussies who are achieving extraordinary things!
With the AFL Grand Final taking place in September, we collated a list of events for our global Aussies to attend so they could watch the game and take part in the fun!
In this months Born Global, we travelled to the romantic city of Paris, check out our members stories here.
Industry and Innovation Champions:
- Aussie innovation at its peak: Zoox, the secretive, billion-dollar start-up founded by an Australian designer, is taking its first steps out of the shadows and into the spotlight
- Our Director of Corporate Strategy Andy Bateman on why black T-shirts, bean bags and pizzas are not innovation. Check it out here
- Australia is establishing a National Space Agency - to infinity, and beyond!
- 2017 #elevate61 Program participants CancerAid has become the first Australian start-up to be accepted into the prestigious Cedars-Sinai accelerator, powered by Techstars, in the US. Congratulations to Nik and the team!
- Being an Aussie executive expat sometimes gives you an advantage! Congratulations to our 2017 category winners Jeremy Balkin (Financial Services), Dr Susan David (Education) & Professor David Sinclair (Life Sciences) in this week's Australian Financial Review