With the end of the year fast approaching, we were starting to look forward to what 2018 holds!
We were incredibly excited to launch Propel, an innovation program that prepares Australian entrepreneurs to take on the world with facilitated, fast tracked access to Silicon Valley and beyond. We partnered with ELEVACAO who are on a mission to uncover, support and promote the hottest Australian startups to launch Propel as part of TechCrunch Startup Battlefield Australia.
Advance Global CEO Serafina Maiorano said "Advance is extremely passionate about championing innovation and providing opportunities for women on a global stage. It is our core mission to engage and empower ambitious and innovative Australians around the world, and we are thrilled to partner with ELEVACAO to drive this agenda forward."
It's always so inspiring to learn about global Aussies achieving great things, so much so, that we opened our nominations for the 2018 Advance Awards early. We can't wait to uncover our 2018 winners!
This month we celebrated the 45th anniversary of Australia-China diplomatic relations - an important milestone for the ever-expanding relationship between our countries. 45 Stories is a collection of stories told from Australian and Chinese perspectives that speak to the breadth and depth of the friendship between our peoples.
Singapore has traditionally been one of the top destinations for Australians moving to Asia for a multitude of reasons, we found out why in this months Born Global. Check it out here.
Informed by Australian values, the 2017 Foreign Policy White Paper describes Australia's national interests and the Government's international engagement priorities. It is the agenda for opportunity, security and strength. Read the white paper here.
Our November calendar was full with events, facilitating connectivity amongst our members all over the world. Some of these included the UQ Rugby dinner, 100 years of Mateship in Seattle and AustCham Singapore events.
We had a great time at the Australian Short Film OZDocs event, an evening of documentary short films at the Asia Society in NYC.
Industry and Innovation Champions:
- Great interview with visual communicator, long time Advance member and UTS alumnus Yiying Lu who splits her time between San Francisco, Shanghai and Sydney - talk about #BornGlobal
- 2016 Advance Technology Innovation Award Winner Professor Genevieve Bell was featured on Richard Fidler's Conversations, check out the interview here
- Exciting news! Australian Scientists Produce Homespun Carbon Fiber. The CSIRO, working with Deakin University, has made the breakthrough that earns Australia membership into exclusive (carbon fiber) club
- Our Clean Tech Award winner (2015), Professor Cameron Hepburn recently took part in writing "The World Needs To Rethink The Value Of Water". A new four-part framework is proposed to value water for sustainable development to guide better policy and practice. Learn more about it here
- Australia Powers Up the World's Biggest Battery courtesy of Elon Musk. Tesla's enormous battery will be operated from a wind farm in Adelaide, South Australia