Following the success of the 2017 Advance Awards, we marked our calendars for another extraordinary evening with Australia's most influential game-changers, and industry and government leaders.
It was very exciting to hear that young Australians Caitlin Figueiredo and Hunter Johnson have been presented with the opportunity of a lifetime as the recipients of the Queen’s Young Leaders Award. Both will receive a unique package of training, mentoring and networking, including a one-week residential program in the UK during which they will collect their Award from Her Majesty The Queen.
The Australian Consulate-General Los Angeles hosted the 100 Years of Mateship Australian Global Alumni Reception in Scottsdale, Arizona. The Advance community attended to celebrate our successful Australian and US alumni, and acknowledge the remarkable bonds of mateship that continue to unite our two nations.
In this months Born Global, we explored the city of London. Check out the inspiring stories of the global Aussies who are kicking goals in the city.
As the year comes to an end, we released a special Returning to Australia edition of our Born Global e-series to profile our members who have chosen to move home.
Industry and Innovation Champions:
- Melbourne activists turned Nobel Prize winners. Incredible work!
- US technology giant Oracle buys Aconex for $1.6b - check out this great Aussie Tech story
- Our 2017 Advance Award Winner (Life Sciences), Professor David Sinclair, is one of the scientists in the race to find a cure for ageing. Learn more about it here
- Google's first major investment has been made in live broadcasting for video games to a Chinese startup, Chushou
- Check out China's top 10 biggest tech investments of the year